| Other Useful Links
BACHELOR OF COMMERCE PROGRAMME
Minimum Entry Requirements
There are three entry schemes available for selecting applicants, i.e.
direct entry, equivalent qualifications and the mature age entry schemes.
The minimum entry requirements for degree level programmes under
each scheme are as follows:
(a) Direct entry scheme
(i) Applicants under this scheme must fulfil the following conditions:
· Must hold at least THREE O-level credit passes in relevant
· Arts students must have at least TWO principal level passes
in appropriate subjects at “A” level education and must have
grade point average of not less than 4.5, where: A = 5, B =
4, C = 3, D = 2, E = 1, S = 0.5 and F = 0.
· Science students must have TWO principal passes of any
level in relevant subjects.
(ii) Applicants who meet the general entry requirements as specified in (i)
above but lack the specific faculty or course entry requirements must
undertake and pass the University pre-entry programme as indicated in
(iii and iv)
(iii) Science students with only one principal pass must undergo University
pre-entry programme of three months and pass the set University
(iv) Arts applicants with less than the 4.5 cut-off point shall undertake preentry
programme of six months and must pass the set University
examination before they are considered for selection.
(b) Equivalent Qualifications Entry Scheme
(i) Applicants under equivalent qualifications scheme must meet the following
conditions before they can be selected to join the University:
· Must hold at least five O-level passes in relevant subjects
· Must hold a certificate of first class level or diploma of a minimum of
second class level obtained from recognized institutions.
(ii) Applicants with certificates less than credit level or diplomas of less than
second class level must show proof that they have had at least two years of work
experience in the relevant field of study needed.
(c) Mature Age Entry Scheme
Applicants under mature age entry scheme must fulfil the following conditions:
· Must be 25 years of age or older.
· Must have either obtained at least THREE credits in approved
subjects or attended Form VI at least five (5) years before the year
for which admission is sought.
· Must have attended and passed tests set in extra mural classes,
residential courses or course offered by an Adult Education Centre
or College recognized by an approved authority.
· Must sit and pass University’s Mature Age Entry Examination.
· Have attended a foundation/pre-entry course in a recognized
Higher Learning Institution.
(c) Teofilo Kisanji University Prospectus 2010/2011 6
(d) Additional requirements
Additional requirements for entry to a particular Faculty or
Programme may be prescribed, but these will not in any case
involve more than two passes at Principal level and one pass
at subsidiary level in appropriate subjects. The following faculty
requirements will be observed.